UNIPURE BA (Sensient Technologies) comprises of a range of high purity cosmetic pigments with a unique hydrophobic surface treatment based on Botanical Avocado (BA).
In keeping with market demand for more "natural" ingredients, the avocado used is obtained from 100% organic avocado oil and the treated pigments are COSMOS compliant. This BA treatment enables the creation of a broad range of face make-up formulations with high pigment load, whilst providing a soft and lightweight skin feel.
The benefits of Unipure BA pigments are:
- Very good hydrophobicity
- Very low oil absorption capacity = reduced viscosity & better pigment dispersion.
- Allows high pigment load keeping fluid emulsion
- Compatible with hot process
- Good pressability in powders
- Batch to batch consistency
- Compatible with natural and synthetic fluid.
There are currently four pigments available within the range based on Unipure titanium dioxide, and Unipure red, yellow, and black iron oxides. They are ideal for use in makeup such as foundations, BB creams, tinted face oils, etc. Further product details and formulation advice is available on request.
Note: Tocopherol is present in the avocado butter used for the surface treatment.