The unique multi-functionality of Pentylene Glycol is now available in a sustainable, eco-responsible and ECOCERT-/COSMOS-approved product: A-Leen 5 is made starting from renewable vegetable by-products from food production (corncob, sugarcane bagasse). It combines the performance of Pentylene Glycol with an enhanced emphasis on social responsibility and environmental protection.
A-Leen 5 represents a unique option for the support and advancement of green cosmetics. It also provides the opportunity to replace a formerly petroleum-based ingredient by a nature derived version.
A-Leen 5 is suitable for 'natural' cosmetic products.
- A-Leen 5 provides an overall pleasant, non-tacky and non-oily skin feel.
- A-Leen 5 is a skin moisturiser with a long lasting effect comparable to that of Glycerin.
- A-Leen 5 can help to solubilize and stabilize lipophilic ingredients in aqueous solutions.
- A-Leen 5 shows a broad spectrum antimicrobial activity against yeasts, moulds, and bacteria. It disturbs the integrity of microbial cell membranes, a mechanism of action that is unlikely to be affected by resistance. Being a non-ionic ingredient, the anti-microbial effect of A-Leen 5 is largely pH-independent.
- A-Leen 5 can act as a standalone antimicrobial protection agent. In addition, it can be easily combined with other classical or non-classical antimicrobial agents, to boost their preservation effects.
- Skin humectant
- Antimicrobial protection agent
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Perfumes & Toiletries
Recommended use level 0.5 to 5.0 %