Mikrokill™ COS is a unique, patent pending combination of three components – Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin and Caprylyl Glycol, which are well accepted in a wide range of personal care products. Phenoxyethanol is a widely used and versatile preservative. Chlorphenesin is a known broad spectrum preservative and Caprylyl Glycol provides biological synergism with moisturizing and wetting capabilities.
Advantages to using Mikrokill™ COS are:
- Non-Paraben, non-formaldehyde, non-isothiazolone based system
- Global approval: US, EU and Japan allowed
- Broad spectrum activity on bacteria, yeast and molds
- Effective in difficult to preserve Water/Silicone Emulsions
- Low odor profile - Ideal for fragrance-free and fragrance-sensitive systems
- Compatible in a wide range of skin care, hair care and sun care systems (including Avobenzone)
- pH Stability: Stable in the usual operating range for Personal Care products (pH 3-8)
- Well documented safety profile
FormulaProtect™ is a new interactive, online application developed by Lonza that allows formulators to save time and easily identify preservatives that best suit their specific needs. By simply selecting specific formulation criteria such as pH, required spectrum, formulation type, regulatory and organizational approvals, amongst other criteria, the user will be presented with a selection of recommended preservative options along with detailed information on each of them.
This tool will help provide guidance for the preservatives that meet formulator’s marketing needs and that provide the efficacy required throughout the lifetime of the cosmetic product.
You can visit the tool through your web browser by going to the Lonza FormulaProtect™ website