Covasterol is a substitute for lanolin that is based on plant extracts. It is a blend of Beta-sitosterol, Shea Butter, Candelilla Wax and Glyceryl Isostearate.
Beta-sitosterol is a sterol present in most plants, and has the ability to relieve inflammation. Shea Butter has a high non-saponifiable fatty acid content which moisturises and retains the elasticity of the skin. Candelilla Wax has extraordinary moisture holding capacity and provides a film forming effect. Glyceryl Isostearate is an ester of glycerin, and is an emollient with emusifying capacity. The benefits of using Covasterol are:
- regulates the permeability of the stratum corneum
- high refractive index for good shine and gloss
- healing, cell regenerating
- long lasting, film forming
- an emollient, skin conditioning agent
- superfatting, nourishing, moisturising